Sunday, 28th February 1960
Singapore Forces Motor Club hold its first Go-kart Race at Dover Road 40 Base Workshop carpark (off Ayer Rajah Road). A special 10-lap event om several locally constructed go-karts will compete against an American model driven by Mr. J. N. Fredrickson.
The go-kart is a four wheel tubular frame bodyless vehicle fitted with a two-stroke engine capable of speed of up to 50 miles per hour. Go-karting craze was started in 1955 when a father build a car for his son and used the engine from an old power mower and water piping for the skeleton frame.