Sunday, 10th November 1946
Shaw Brothers' latest chain of theatres, the air-conditioned Rex Cinema showed it first picture. Located at the junction of Bukit Timah Road and Selegie Road.
Rex is built on vacant land which was the site of a boxing stadium and an open air cinema. Rex is the first big building to be completed since the end of World War II.